Payment Options: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check,
Item Description: NIB-82ATC - 45-82% Brix Portable Refractometer with Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
THIS UNIT IS A MAPLING STAPLE! BRING THIS TO THE SUGAR SHACK!
* 45-82% Brix Range
* 0.50% Brix Division
* +/- 0.30% Accuracy
* Sturdy Design; core of the unit is made of Aluminum, not plastic!
* 3-YEAR WARRANTY against manufacturer's defects!
One BRAND NEW NIB-82ATC (45-82% Brix scale) Hand held Refractometer in a blue, foam-lined hard case. This unit is especially necessary when testing high sugar items like Maple Syrup (not raw Maple Sap - See NIB-10ATC), Fruit Juice Concentrates, Jellies, Jams, Chutney's, Marmalades and more. All RHB models use ambient light, no battery or power source is required.
This unit is not recommended for testing Honey.
Included are: A poly soft case, a pipette for dropping test fluids onto the prism, a mini screwdriver for scale calibration, and a Users Guide.
Models with the “ATC” suffix are equipped with “Automatic Temperature Compensation” for accurate measurements without recalibration after shifts in ambient working temperature (field use). The NIB-82ATC does have ATC! 10-30'C/50-86'F ATC Range. Cool samples before testing!
OTHER UNITS CLAIM TO BE "ALL METAL". OURS ARE MADE OF STURDY ALUMINUM!
A GOOD DEAL IS ONLY GOOD IF THE PRODUCT LASTS, AND YOU CAN CONTACT THE SELLER ATER THE PURCHASE!
MAPLE SYRUP AND REFRACTOMETER FACTS:
* Maple Syrup BELOW 60.0% Brix can spoil and/or ferment - at this stage just dump it as it is contaminated.
* Maple Syrup ABOVE 68.9% Brix will crystalize and then your syrup is no longer (technically) Maple Syrup.
* The "Maple Syrup Brix Range" is from 66.0% to 68.9% Brix
Calibration Fluid - NOT INCLUDED!
High Brix units NEED to be calibrated from time to time to ensure accurate results. A 2ml vial of Calibration Fluid is an additional $16.99.